Welcome to the SCMR introductory CMR course
- This course is designed to teach anyone interested the basics of CMR.
- It should be of particular interest to both established and trainees in radiology, cardiology and radiography/CMR technicians.
- It is a good introduction to the clinical aspects of CMR for physicists also.
- anyone can complete this course for self directed learning, but you only get grades and a certificate if you are a registered user - currently you have to be an SCMR member
- Getting your certificate of completion.
If you are not a guest registrant, have got more than 60% in all sections, and 70% overall and finished the feedback questionnaire, you can print out your official certificate for completion for your logbook or to count towards level 1,2 or 3 training. If you don't do well on a section, you can repeat the section to improve your mark. Over 80% is good; over 90% is excellent.
Sample certificate here
Thanks to Webpax for providing the software and access to it for the images and to the Heart hospital Imaging centre the cases and course design and set-up. The original concept of this course was supported by a UCL e-learning development grant.
February 2012 update: All British Cardiovascular Society members may now access this course and complete it with certification. Use your BCS login. Forgotten you BCS password? Click here. Note: the BCS dbase is only imported once a day - that means that if you join or change your password, it may take upto 24 hours to activate for this site.